Prevent Fraud On Your Credit Card
Credit Card, ATM and Internet fraud can often be prevented. Most thieves use stolen Credit Cards within 48 hours. Call us immediately on our 24-hour helpline +971 600 54 0000 to report a lost card.
Keeping your Credit Card safe
- Treat your card as cash, never leave it unattended.
- Sign the back of your new Credit Card immediately after you receive it.
- Do not give your account number over the phone unless you know the company and you made the call.
- Draw a line through the blank space above the total on charge slips to prevent changes.
- Do not sign blank charge slips.
- Check your statements regularly and contact us immediately if you notice any irregularity. Errors must be reported within 30 days of the statement mailing date.
- Record card numbers, expiration dates and phone numbers. Keep this record in a safe place separate from your cards. Use it if you need to report lost or stolen cards.
- Never put your card number or personal identification number (PIN) on the outside of an envelope or postcard. Never put your PIN on the card or in your wallet.
- Carry only the cards you need, especially when travelling.
- To enable us to serve you better, always keep your contact details updated including your mobile number.
- If your card is held back by the ATM, please inform us immediately by calling us on +971 600 54 00 00.
- If your Emirates NBD Credit Card is ever lost, stolen or misplaced, contact us immediately on +971 600 54 00 00 to report it. It is important to completely verify yourself as the card holder on the phone. You are also required to confirm the same in writing.
- Please do not provide any financial/personal/Debit Card related information to an unknown Internet site or respond to any email seeking such information from you.
- Shop at sites that offer secure ordering.
- While on the checkout page of a shopping site, see if the site uses a secure server before you give out your credit card information. If the URL (web address) starts with "https://" then the site uses a secure server.